I hope everyone has had a wonderful week.
Again, I am sending out a request for presenters. Please consider…
I know you are doing some incredible things at your school. Please share with the rest of us. Your presentations are what make this conference especially great.
- Favorite lessons or activities. Successful projects in your school.
- Cool assembly ideas.
- You can sign up for a short Meet the Pros session (10 min) or a longer Breakout Session (50 min). You pick!
CONFERENCE REGISTRATION & ROOM AVAILABILITY AT THE HILTON
The registration for the conference is going great! If you haven’t registered, you still can. I was asked to mention that there may be a few rooms opening up at the Hilton, but you need to contact them by today..sorry for the late notice.
And don’t forget about the pre-con sessions.. Here is the link to the registration form.
Some “nuts and bolts” about the Hilton Hotel if you are staying there:
- All rooms have complimentary basic internet.
- If you want to stay an extra night (Friday night, after the conference ends), you can reserve the extra night at the same conference rate. This is subject to availability.
- The hotel offers parking, at $6 per night. But…there are only 100 spots in the parking garage. So, it’s “first come, first served”. Please consider carpooling to make the resources stretch further.
- There is also a parking garage across the street ($8/day). It is a secure lot…which is great. But, because it is secured, it is locked at 10pm each night.
A final note for now:
As we have done in the past, we’ll do some give-away baskets in our area. Here’s how it works – you bring an item with you and add it to the basket. For your contribution, you get a ticket for that basket. On the final day of the conference, we’ll draw from those tickets to give away the basket.
- Chocolate basket: Bring a bar/package of your favorite chocolate, and add it to the basket. Pick up a “chocolate basket” ticket.
- Movie basket: Bring a favorite DVD (perhaps one that you show to teach a Leadership lesson) or favorite movie treat, and add it to the basket. Collect a “movie basket” ticket.
- We’ve also done a school supply basket…one can never have enough post-it notes, right???
- Other ideas?
In the coming weeks, expect another email with more detailed information regarding the conference – conference nuts and bolts, and other tips for enjoying the week.
I hope you’re looking forward to the conference! It is such a great time for us to gather with colleagues in our field and learn new ideas.
If you have ANY questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. I’m happy to help!
Have a great weekend!
Area 9 Rep