Welcome back to another school year, and another exciting year of activities.
Good Morning, I’m Jaime Johnson, your WACA Area 1 Representative and Monroe High School Activities Director. If you’re not the activities person at your school, or if someone else should be added to my list, would you please reply to this email right away? Then I can update my contact list. Thanks!
We just held our fall WACA Board meeting in Wenatchee. We went to Wenatchee to check out their convention center and hotels. We’re always keeping our eyes open for possible venues for our conference.
There were several items from the board meeting that I want to pass on to you:
1. Apply for Washington State Advisor Certification. We started the program earlier this year, and have thirty or so certified advisors at this time. If you’re interested, please refer to the application on line at wacaonline.org (it’s the third menu tab on the left side of the home page). Application deadline is February 1, 2018. If you have questions, feel free to shoot me an email.
2. The State Fall Student Leadership Conference (AWSL) is coming fast, October 13-15, in Yakima. Check out the latest “In the Loop” if you receive that, or google “AWSL” for info and forms.
3. This year, NCSA (National Conference on Student Activities) is being held in Spokane December 1-3, 2017. It’s a great conference; where you have the chance to connect with our state advisors, but the greatest part is discovering how other states address activities. There is a link to the conference site at the bottom of our homepage (wacaonline.org). Check it out!
4. WACA Hall of Fame: If you would like to nominate someone for the WACA Hall of Fame, the deadline is December 1, 2017. Again, check the menu bar on the left hand side of our homepage to access the Hall of Fame info and application.
5. And finally, it’s not too early to think about the WACA Conference, March 14-16, 2018, at the Tri-Cities Convention Center in Kennewick. There’s information about the conference on our website. Things to note:
· The Pre-Conference session topics and the Speakers Showcase speakers are listed on the website, if you’d like a little advance peak at some highlights of the first day of the conference. The rough outline for the entire conference is online as well.
· Registration will open during the first week of October, online via the website.
· There will be conference hotel information available in early October as well.
· When you register, look carefully at the section for menu options/concerns. We’re trying to serve our delegates as best we can, and trying to be sensitive to dietary needs.
· It’s not too early to think about sharing your expertise and creativity, by presenting a session at the conference.
- And note that we are always looking for good secretary/bookkeeper sessions. On our post-conference survey, our delegates mentioned a need for more sessions/discussion about ASB Law.
- Think about presenting (on any item of interest)… and check out the session presenter application on the website… and email me with ideas or questions.
I hope you’re having a great day and please contact me with concerns or questions. And please do contact me to help me update this mailing list for our area.
I hope you have a great day!