It’s Friday, but I hope that you’ve already gone home to enjoy your weekend. If not… go home and enjoy your weekend! ;-)
Just some last minute notes, before I see a whole bunch of you next week at the WACA Conference in Vancouver. Yes, a whole bunch! We have 28 people from Area 8 attending the conference. (YEAH!!) Here are a few last-minute reminders:
- Remember that parking will be pretty squeezy. Just about 100 spots in the hotel garage (1st come, 1st served, $6 per night), and a parking garage across the street ($8 per night, secure, but closes at 10pm). Try to carpool if at all possible?
- Attire is casual; come and be comfortable. Friday is usually “school colors” day, so be ready to show your school spirit.
- We’ll have three area meetings. The first is mostly for introduction/orientation. During the second, we’d like to chat about the advisor certification program, so collect your thoughts and be ready to share your perspective. The third is for elections and conference wrap-up. At all meetings, we’ll do some nice give-aways.
- Speaking of give-aways, remember that if you wish to, you can bring some chocolate and be entered into our chocolate basket give-away. Bring a favorite movie/movie treat to be entered in the movie basket give-away. And we’ll do a bring a bottle/take a bottle exchange so that we can share our favorite wine/grape beverage from the area. (I think that Tim Turner still has his box of 7-11 Zinfandel that he’s willing to trade!)
- If you’ve looked at wacaonline.org, you probably saw this year’s conference schedule, and noticed that Wednesday evening, we finish up with an ice-cream social/networking at 8:30pm. Tim and I thought it might be nice to continue that social for our area 8 delegates. So we’re arranging to extend our social and walk next door to a great restaurant (we ate there at the January board meeting). It’s called the Warehouse, and they offer the usual beverages and SOME AWESOME APPETIZERS!! So we’ll plan to head over there at about 9pm to continue our Area 8 social. We hope you’ll be able to join us.
- If you look at the conference schedule, you’ll notice lots of great 50 minute sessions and Meet the Pros sessions, as well as a plethora of speakers. Take a peek online, and come ready to pick up lots of ideas and resources.
See you soon! And remember, enjoy your weekend!