Here is your final check list for WACA 2015 Ordinary Heroes at the Yakima Convention Center
1. Time to pack that bag and include your super hero swag for Thurs. and a school T-Shirt for Friday. Some like to dress it up a little for the banquet on Thurs. night when we honor Advisers of the year and induct others into our Hall of Fame.
2. Bring ideas of what your school does for our Idea Exchange that we will do in our Area meetings. Questions are
A.. Student/Staff Appreciation ideas
B. Assembly speakers you have had that ROCK and for what assembly.
C. Fundraisers With no money up front so you can't lose money on it
D. Student Recognition ideas.
E. Vendors you are using and how it is going with the new nutrition laws.
3. Stop by the store and buy your favorite candy bar and drink item like coffee cup, coffee, tea. These will be two separate drawings we will have on our last area meeting. If you put something in for the drawing you will get a ticket and have a chance to win. I will have other drawing items that you will all be able to be in the drawing for.
4. This year you do not have to plan your own dinner on Wed. night we will be providing it for you. This is the first year we have done this and it is because of your comments at the end of last years conference. So do not forget to do the online survey after the conference we do use the information. You can also check out the schedule on line at wacaonline.org
5. Come with a plan on how you can learn the most to bring back to your school to bring about change. If you split your group up and hit different classes you will get more ideas. I find if I talk to as many people as possible also I learn a ton about what they do at there schools that works. Like my good friends Craig Iversen and Kevin Judkins say " I have never gone to this Conference with out coming away with a new idea to help make my school a better place".
6. As you get to Yakima take exit 33B, turn right after the exit and the Holiday in will be on your Left and the Red Lion will be on your right just after the Conference center. If you pull into Yakima around lunch time and you are not doing a pre-conference take exit 36 and go to Miner Burgers where you can get a cheese burger the size of your head. It truly is an experience.
That is all for now and I will see you at check in at the Conference On Wed. March 11th. Area 1 ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!